Price of Asphalt roof vs metal

Guest User
8/25/2009
I currently have 2 layers of asphalt roofing that is literally crumbling away (about 26 years old with the 2 layers combined). I want a metal roof. Which is best for longevity and low or no maintainence? Ive heard conflicting stories. Thank you, Carolyn
Ken Buchinger
NCI Building Systems, Inc.
8/25/2009
Are you asking if metal roofing is better than asphalt shingles for longivity and low maintenance? Or is your question which type of metal roofing is best? The anwer to the former is metal by far. The answer to the latter is all types that I know of are very long lasting. It basically depends on the geometry of your roof and your personal asthetic preferences as to which type you should use.
Guest User
7/11/2010
what are different types of metal roofs....are there any that resemble regular tile roofs,
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
7/12/2010
Decra makes a roof that resembles a clay tile roof. There are several other metal panel roof manufacturers that make similar systems.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
8/1/2010
MRA members who manufacture tile profiles include Gerard, ATAS, and Metro.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.