Standing seam install in the rain

Guest User
6/18/2009
Showed up on my site just a little too late and noticed that the contractors were doing the install in the rain. Wet dirt from their feet was on the felt. Will this work like sand paper over the years and work it's way through the panels as they expand/contract?? Thanks, Chris
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/19/2009
I doubt that will ever be a problem.
Guest User
6/19/2009
You made my day. I lost sleep over this one. The guess the only way I could see it being a problem is if I had to walk on it. But hopefully the felt would be imprinted more than the steel. . What is the rule for walking on standing seam? It's a fairly low pitch, so I'd like to be able to paint it someday.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/19/2009
It depends a lot upon the gauge and exact profile. Many products are very walkable with nothing other than a soft soled shoes. For lighter gauge products you may wish to put down boards and walk on them.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.