Guest User
6/15/2009
Hi, I would like to know if this job is being done correctly: http://fvm3oq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pHG-3Y61kMZ7Y8wxLydZtzz63D5MkivOy1yGY92gTXSQ0uCm5bEFmbiSGJ_-X0Yf68lUqXVwvNQUT30wZ2hATtg/100_1556.JPG The contractor seems to be either not putting a membrane at all or is putting the membrane over the wood. Is this to code? will it void warranty if the shingles under it melt because of no insulation or ventilation? the attic's ventilation is about 2" from top to bottom since it's a cathedral ceiling.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/16/2009
I always prefer to see underlayment over the existing shingles but there are many products available which would be approved by their manufacturer for application in this way. I would suggest you contact the manufacturer of your roof and seek their input.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.