Guest User
6/10/2009
I need to get to the top of my meta roof (12x12 pitch) so I can install an antenna and some weather vanes. I want to do as little damage as possible. Can anybody recommend roof jacks that I can use to create a platform to work my way up to the ridge? Thanks.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/10/2009
What sort of metal roof do you have?
Guest User
6/12/2009
That's a good question. I am not sure what kind of roof. Maybe you can decipher from looking at a picture: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3618861491/sizes/o/ Thanks for your help!
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/12/2009
Wow. That is one steep roof. This is what is generically called an "R" Panel I believe. On the lower pitch portion you can walk on these panels. On the steeper portion, I think you will need to hang a ladder from the ridge and go up the ladder. Make sure you have a safety rope as well.
Guest User
9/18/2010
What's the best way to "hang the ladder from the ridge"? I need to do the same. How do you get up to the ridge in the first place to do the hanging?
Guest User
11/19/2010
Are you aware of the new standing seam metal roofing brackets. You can view them at the webdite metalplusllc.com I actually saw them in action at METALCON in Las Vegas, outstanding! They were awarded Product of The Year. Enjoy!
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.