overheating in a metal roof screen porch

Guest User
6/9/2009
I have a typical florida cement block ranch house(one story) with a metal roofed screen porch attached to the rear of the house (all of about 7' high, with slope). The rear of the house faces west. Presently, I can only use the porch a few months of the year (nov - feb). as soon as the warm weather returns. I'm faced with an OVEN back there! oftentimes, it's cooler outside than in the screen porch. help?? what can I do to reduce the heat factor in my porch? I already have several palms planted as shade around the porch, and the ceiling is too low for a ceiling fan. any suggestions?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/10/2009
A light colored or otherwise reflective roof would help. Additionally, if the roof could be built up higher and a vented airspace added that would be quite good.
Guest User
6/10/2009
the roof is already painted white and porch attached to eave of house, so not sure lifting it would be cost effective. as for vented airspace, it's all screening - how do I vent more than that?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/10/2009
It does not sound like there is much more you can do, especially if the entire space is screened.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.