Which roof coating has least fade

Karen Martin
5/27/2009
We are building a house on a hill in full sun and plan to roof with standing seam metal. To ensure least amount of fade, what should I look for?
Guest User
5/28/2009
I would suggest any paint system with Kynar. Lately, seems that SP paint has improved alot, but I'm still researching that. The warranties I have read for Valspar Kynar was five unites of fade in thrity years. Where as SP now is claiming 6-7 units in thirty for steel companies around Minnesota. Sounds awfully close, but there is a test fence in Florida with all these kinds of paint system and from what I gather, Kynar still seems a great way to go.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
5/28/2009
Kynar 500 / Hylar 5000 systems are well respected for fade and chalk resistance.
Guest User
5/29/2009
THANKS SO MUCH!!
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
5/29/2009
You are welcome.
Sheldon Brown
6/27/2009
I'm painting a metal roof, and decided to take your advice and use a kynar paint. I was wondering if there was any type of primer I could use first?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/28/2009
I would check with your Kynar supplier and see what they suggest. Also, Sherwin Williams makes a primer called ProCryl that I have seen some good luck with.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.