Standing seam install to a cabin with 12 pitch roof. Insulation??

Guest User
3/9/2009
I'm stripping my roof and installing standing seam. I want to know the best direction to go in with the install and insulation. Right now the enter camp is gutted down to the studs. It's a 23 x 11 camp. Thanks!
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
3/10/2009
This is rather complicated and I need a lot more information. Feel free to call me at 1-800-543-8938 ext 201 In my opinion though, ideally you would have the following from the inside out on the home Paint, drywall, vapor barrier, insulation, vented airspace, solid decking, underlayment, metal roof.
Guest User
3/11/2009
Thanks Todd. I'm going to go without drywall so I think my layers will go like this from the inside out. Please correct me if this is off. Stain T&G Vapor barrier Spray foam between the rafters (what kind should I get?) Solid decking Tar paper underlayment Vented airspace Metal roof
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
3/14/2009
That sounds okay. I would suggest Icynene insulation.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.