Flashing at top of dormer

Guest User
I am looking for suggestions for flashing the area where the peak of a dormer meets the roof. This is a spot where two pieces of valley flashing intersect with a ridge cap. The problem is that this three way intersections is a few inches below the bulk of the metal roofing. I am able to cut a piece of aluminum to fit but that seems like a sloppy situation. Thanks. I've attached a picture.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
If you use a valley system that the panels lock into, you should be able to lock in the ridge cap from the dormer as well.
Guest User
did you get everything figured out? I have the same thing on my home and I am stumped.
I think you need a "valley cap". If you want you can e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll e-mail back an instruction sheet for one so you can see if it's what you're after.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.