Guest User
1/22/2009
I have and older home, and would like to put on a metal roof. Do i or should i remove the shingles on there now?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
1/23/2009
In many cases you do not need to. Depends a lot though on current roof condition, local codes, and what type of new metal roof you choose.
Guest User
3/3/2009
What kind of roof should he put on his old home?
Guest User
3/3/2009
I would have to ask a few questions to be able to give you a good answer. How many layers of roof are on the house now? If more than one you really should remove everything. what type of roof do you plan on installing? some metal roofs will show the profile of the shingle, and as such should be removed before. Are you installing a standing seam type roof, or a metal tile type roof? And what gauge? The thinner gauge metal roofs in the standing seam and other vertical systems will most surely show the shingles through the finished metal roof. PLEASE REMEMBER THE ADDITIONAL THICKNESS WHEN GETTING FASTENERS YOU WILL NEED TO OBTAIN FASTENER THAT ARE 1/2 INCH LONGER FOR THE RECOVER. I HOPE MY ANSWERS HAVE HELPED, and you get the job done and done right the first time
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.