dan randall
11/5/2008
looking for economical leak proof metal roofing material to solve the low pitch concerns at the top of a round-top or barrel roof.
Guest User
11/5/2008
Dan, I have been able to adjust the rear stations on my rollformer to make panels that run vertically and radiused to fix the leaks on my neighbors hoop barns. I am in South Dakota and it seems to be a common problem.
Guest User
11/6/2008
sounds workable. so these would be costom formed for any building on the job? this building is offsight overflow storage for a hospital so looking for cost effective solution. do you mean local contractors should be able to form onsight panels? i was looking to find products to specify for bidding process but sounds like i just need a good metal fabricator/installer?! thanks for any info.....
Guest User
11/6/2008
Dan , I think that the proper way to do it would to have mechanically seamed panels radiused on the job with a curving machine but I found it to be cost prohibitive for these old quonset barns so I tried adjusting my rear stations on my zimmerman rollformer with snap lock clipped system and it worked good. The neighbors barn no longer leaks and I have more to do. They probably could just have done the top 1/3 as that is where I believe most of the water was leaking since the top is flatter but they are choosing to do the whole barn. The clipped system allows for expansion and contraction. I hope this info helps you. John
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
11/8/2008
Thanks both of you.
Guest User
8/2/2010
John, could you please email me directly I may have a building for you to roof if you are interested. [email protected]
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.