Guest User
10/13/2008
My insurance company is cancelling my homeowner's policy because of the metal roof. They say it is an unacceptable risk. I say it is absolutely necessary in this area due to the violent thunderstorms, hail and tornados that are commong to the area. Am I wrong about this?
Guest User
10/13/2008
Kat, I am a contractor in North Texas (Decatur) and the insurance company should be giving you a discount on your homeowners insurance. In Wise and Montague county the discount with State Farm and Germania is 27%. I believe it is 33% in Tarrant. I fill out the paperwork on every metal job we do for the owner to receive their discount. Using the logic of your agent, if you built a new home with a metal roof you would not be able to insure it. Look at the metal roofs on all of the commercial properties, you know they have insurance. [email protected]
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/15/2008
I concur with Wade.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.