Guest User
9/30/2008
To accomodate a height restriction our roof pitch was just changed. We were told we now needed a metal roof. The house is located on a salt water bay and the roof must be hurricane rated. Am I restricted to a particular type of metal roof? Do I need special coating due to the salt environment? As I know nothing about metal roofs is there anything else I should be aware of?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
9/30/2008
Is your roof now very low pitch? What can you tell me? Who told you this (not that I am complaining)?
Guest User
10/1/2008
This is a tear down and rebuild. The town has a 35 foot height restriction and the building inspector, whose approval of the plans is required, insisted we drop the height to 34 feet six inches "just to be sure". We have four stories within that height, three living with the garage level below. The architect felt that dropping the height six inches was no problem except he felt the pitch would require a metal roof. To get more living space we have to go up because we cannot change the existing footprint of the house.
Guest User
10/1/2008
I checked the drawings and the pitch is now 3:12
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/1/2008
Most any metal roof can be installed at this pitch. I have some info on metal roofing I can send to you if you email me at [email protected]
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.