Remodeling home...consult architect or interior designer first?

jeck jec
DH & I are planning on remodeling our very tiny galley kitchen and adjoining family room by expanding out about 8 feet. The problem is, neither one of us has an eye for what goes together. We both know what we like/don't like when we see it, but just aren't creative enough to coordinate things on our own. So, are we better off getting an interior designer's perspective first, or hiring an architect? Are architects trained in any way to help people decide on things like what countertop color looks best with a particular cabinetry color? On the flip side, would an interior designer be aware of things like plumbing & electrical requirements/codes? This is the home we plan on staying in for at least the next 15 years, until our children finish school, so we'd like to make it very much "ours". Can anyone help? TIA!
ston jec
An architect can help you only if you change the structure of your house. In many cases removing a wall could weaken the ceiling or puting a strain on other parts of the stucture. Contact first an architect [URL=]Contractors San Diego [/URL] make sure your plans are safe and then contact an interior designer. They are much more qualified to advice what looks good in your house.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
An architect sounds like the good place to start.
Find a Professional

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Professionals in your area for a free consultation and estimate.