Guest User
9/3/2008
I am installing a pellet stove whose flue pipe will go up thru a copper roof. The flange used is galvanized and I am concerned about corrosion between copper and galvanized. I have thought about using a rubber boot as an interface between the two metals or even having someone fashion a copper flange. Any thoughts about what I should do?? Thanks. [email protected]
Nate Libbey
9/3/2008
This is a tricky one. Even if you have something between them, rainwater would bring some elements of the galvanization in contact with the copper. I would consider either as you mentioned a copper flange or else a stainless steel flange.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
9/5/2008
I agree with Nate.
Guest User
9/5/2008
The copper flange solution is a good one but expensive. There is still the problem of the connection between the flange and the pipe itself. I thought that by painting the galvanized flange and using roof tar around all the base to cover everything, the rubber gasket would work. Any thoughts on that. Thanks. Jerry
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.