Guest User
9/3/2008
I have a granparents farm that has three barns with tin roofs that have rusted over the years (probably 40-50 yrs). The tin in general is in good shape, just has primarily surface rust. I am trying to repain the roofs, but want to know any suggestions on how to clean or prepare the roofs so new paint will last for more than a couple years. I have heard about pressure washing with silicate sand to take the rust off and there's always the old wire brush or wire drill attachment method, but didn't know if you had any other suggestions.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
9/5/2008
I am sorry ... I do not have anything on this. You may wish to google "metal roof restoration"
Guest User
9/23/2008
HI , I`VE DONE THIS , IF YOU JUST ROLL ON PENATROL , AND THEN PAINT WITH RUSTOLIUM SILVER PAINT , IT WILL LOOK BRAND NEW FOR A GOOD NUMBER OF YEARS
Guest User
10/11/2008
We did this on my grandfathers house. We sanded every panel and then painted. It still looks very good years later. We primed with a primer from Sherman Williams (I will try and get the name) and then painted with a good top coat.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/16/2008
Thank you.
Guest User
8/2/2009
Just roll on Penetrol? No sanding, pressure washing, acid wash, or other? Sounds Great! Please respond.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.