mediterranean style roof problem

Guest User
7/5/2008
I'm not sure what type of roof we want. We're building a Italian/ Mediterranean style home and I want to get a roof we can WALK. Our builder says there is no roof that will work with our type of home but the clay - non-walkable type - I cannot believe there are no other options. We had the same tile roof on our last home and every time we had someone up to clean the skylights – they broke 80 tiles. We’re getting 4 skylights again and I don’t want this problem. I want to be able to walk on the roof – what type can we get that will fit our house? I can’t believe we have no options. Do you have any suggestions?? Thank you, Laurie
Nate Libbey
7/9/2008
There are many types of metal roofing that should work. There is even metal roofing that looks like clay tile, and most of it can be safely walked on, with a little caution. I would check out the manufacturer link above, and go to a few of their websites. It may be that your builder isn't familiar with metal roofing products.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
7/9/2008
Thanks Nate. Libbey, let us know if you have more questions.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.