Guest User
6/16/2008
We would like to replace our existing roof with a white metal cool roof. We have quite a few trees over the roof including pecan trees. We are concerned the roof will stain. Can you provide any information or advice on metal roofing in this environment? Thank You, Kerry
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/16/2008
It will undoubtedly show dirt badly. White roofing gets you about 60% reflectivity. If you choose a tan color in reflective pigment paint, you will get upwards of 45%. Something to consider.
Guest User
6/16/2008
Find a manufacture that runs a kynar paint system with a duracoat pigment and teflon it's supposed to resist staining. I would also go with a bit darker color like Scott suggested. In that enviroment you would have to clean the roof more often than normal seeing that you have a 4/12 pitch and a simple roof makes it much easier to do yourself
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/17/2008
Not sure who made the above comment but I do need to clarify. Duracoat is a paint manufacturer. Duracoat is not a type of pigment to the best of my knowledge. Please correct me if I am wrong. Duracoat the paint manufacturer is not licensed to produce Kynars. Also, I am unaware of any paint that uses Teflon although, yes, Kynars have been liked to being similar to Teflon in terms of molecular bond. And I am not sure who Scott is.
Guest User
6/19/2008
sorry todd, if you go to duracoatproducts.com you will see that they do infact use teflon in one of there paint systems it's called durapon 70.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/20/2008
You are correct. Sorry about that.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/20/2008
You have chosen to not identify yourself. I sort of gather though that you may have a connection to Duracoat. That is great if so. In fact, we'd love to see you all consider membership in MRA which I believe would help you in the promotion of your products.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.