Guest User
3/9/2008
Is it necessary to remove the existing asphalt shingles prior to installing a metal roof? What are the benefits to removing the existing roof tile versus placing the metal roof on top of existing shingles?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
3/9/2008
Many of the shingle-style and more heavily textured metal roofs can be installed over existing shingles. No real disadvantages to doing so that I have seen in nearly 30 years.
Guest User
4/21/2010
i have one layer of shingles and about to have a new steel roof installed, does it need to have 2x4 furring strips? everyone i talk to says yes, my roofer says he normally doesn't do it but will for an extra $1500.00 - help
Info @windowsonwashington.net
An informed customer is our best customer.
4/21/2010
Most metal roofs can go direct to deck over an exiting asphalt roof. I do not personally prefer that as I am not a big fan of that from an energy efficiency standpoint. The idea of the 2x4 furring is to prove an over deck venting system. What kind of construction is the home?
Guest User
4/21/2010
home is over 100 yrs old, wood (used to be an old school)roof is ahhh, somewhat wavy
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.