Guest User
11/11/2007
I am building a barn home with an attached faux silo. They are connected by a short walkway (like a dormer) having its own roof. Both the barn roof and walkway roofs are the traditional arched shape, so the valley between them follows a curve. Also, the arched walkway roof meets the round silo wall, forming another curved intersection. I am installing metal shingles on the barn roof right now, but am stumped as to how to properly flash these curved locations! Are there flashing products/methods specifically for this type of application? Any suggestions appreciated.
Guest User
11/12/2007
Here is a photo of what I'm talking about...
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
11/14/2007
About all you can do is to carefully flash these areas with shor intersectin sections of whatever type of valley or wall flashing your metal shingle manufacturer makes available. Have you worked with the metal shingle manufacturer direct to try to find a solution?
Guest User
12/30/2007
HI SFC Saw your post, attached is a picture of my house under construction in Mudgee Australia. I have two silos attached and all is clad with galvanised sheeting. I have cut into the curved surface to allow the straight flashing into the wall. Good luck , please post a picture of the finished product. cheers Steve steve(AT) anotherplanet.com.au
Guest User
12/30/2007
here is pic
Guest User
4/5/2008
Am thinking of installing a metal shingle on my barn roof, could you email me a pic of yours since I cannot retrieve it from the website Thanks!
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
4/27/2008
I have some barn roof pics I can send if you email me at [email protected]
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.