Guest User
10/3/2007
Does anyone have an idea of what can be sprayed or applied to a metal roof so it remains slippery so snow will slide off? And, if so how to apply it? Thank you.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/4/2007
Can you send me pictures of what the roof currently looks like? One key to proper snow shedding is good ventilation. My email is [email protected]
Guest User
10/5/2007
Actually the roof is fine right now. I want to know what could be sprayed on it, or whatever, to keep the shine so it remains slippery as it ages. Thank you.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/8/2007
I do not normally see this as an issue if you have a quality finish to begin with. However, one product you may wish to investigate (I am not saying good nor bad about it) is www.roofclean.com
Guest User
2/11/2008
I have a 20 yr old 30ftx40x9ft metal pole barn style garage/shop with a metal sheet roof. Its white in color. At the time the builder claimed it was the best steel with a 20 yrs color warranty. Only trouble is builder has changed suppliers (was Menard Agri) and there is nothing he can or will do about the fading. The snow no longer slides off of my roof (garage is not heated. I cannot find any product to bring back the slipperyness it once had. It cost me a $100 to have someone shovel if off. Now, I have had builders tell there is a product like a wax but I have not been able to find it anywhere and don't even know if such a thing exists. All the local contractors want to sell me a new roof at more the the what the entire building cost to erect back in 1988. I stumbled onto this site today and wonder what info you can point me to to help me out.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
2/11/2008
The www.roofclean.com product I mentioned earlier is the only idea I have short of repainting.
Guest User
2/11/2008
I looked into that but it does not seem to apply to this problem. Repainting is not an option, that would cost a fortune 1490 sq ft roof. I had one suggestion and that was to find a supplier of a silicon auto wax in 5 gal pails and apply with a mop. Thanks Mike
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
2/11/2008
Let us know if it works.
Guest User
10/3/2010
I washed the sticky mold-mildew stuff from my metal roof. I washed it by hand and applied a premium quality "once-a-year" automotive car wax. It was difficult to do and this winter will tell me if it was worth it. Yes, the new roof allowed the snow to slide off easily and it now has become "sticky" and snow will not slide off as it once did. I also though a silicone spray might work also.
Guest User
10/8/2010
I have the same concerns with my metal roof that is only 6 years old. caution with silicone. once silicone is applied to a metal painted surface, it is alot harder to repaint
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.