Flashing Transition between metal roofing & asphalt shingles

Guest User
9/11/2007
Does anyone have any details on how i can show a transition between a 7/12 pitched asphalt shingled roof to a 3/12 metal roof?
Guest User
9/11/2007
Joe, I would do it as a pitch change. Some of the manufacturers show the transition detail in their drawings. Basically, figure out how many inches of metal you need over the metal roof to prevent runback and how many inches you need under the shingles. The degree of pitch change on your roof is probably around 15 degrees. Every thing below the break will be over the metal and everything above the break will be under the shingles. Wade I drew a picture but was unable to get it scanned to my computer.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
9/13/2007
I agree with Wade. Your metal roofing manufacturer will be able to provide you with specific details for this flashing based upon the profile you are installing.
Guest User
3/19/2008
can someone help me with specs on back legs for step flashing and roof to wall flashing
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.