new roof with rusted characteristics

gegory foster
8/16/2007
i was recently in daytona beach, florida and visited a new building with a new metal roof that had all the characteristics of a 50year old weathered and rusted roof. i have been unable to locate this product anywhere but on this one building. could you please help to locate. thanks--p.s.--- i did speak to the owner and he assured me that his roof is a new product. but have been unable to get his roofer to offer any help.
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
8/16/2007
Do you have any pictures or anything else to go off of?
Guest User
10/3/2007
I want to know too, how to add color to a new roof - concrete acid stain? Or what???
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/20/2007
I would suggest painting it in a color similar to what you want.
Brian Selig
Architectural Building Components Metal Roof and Wall Panels
10/24/2007
The material may very well be Paint Grip. This is what a lot of people use here in Central Texas to get that "rustic" look. It is unwarranted by the manufacturer, but many people are so intent to have the appearance that they ignore this fact. Do an internet search to see if this is what you are looking for?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
10/24/2007
Please understand the life and other benefits you're giving up with things like this. Some standing seams are available with a special Corten AZ coating that provides a very good rusted look.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.