Guest User
7/25/2007
I am currently building a new house and plan to use a standing seam metal roof. The manufacturer calls for a 3" foam between the decking and the metal roof. The builder and I feel this is a huge waste of money since foam insulation is expensive and the attic spaces are already insulated. Is this "double insulation" necessary? Thanks.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
7/25/2007
I am assuming you have a vented and insulated attic space. If that is the case, I see no reaosn for this extra insulation.
Guest User
7/26/2007
Thanks Todd Yes, not sure if we will be using fiberglas or blown in, but the attic will be insulated above the ceiling joists and vented, probably on the gable ends. Is this a good solution with the metal roof? There are no cathedral ceiling areas and the house will have exposed rafter tails.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
7/28/2007
I would prefer to see eave soffit and ridge vents but it sounds like that is not an option.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.