Guest User
7/13/2007
Just had a metal frame garage installed. Was wondering what insulation method, (other than spray foam), would work best.
Guest User
7/13/2007
Forgot to add that I need to insulate the roof since the metal roofing is black and I want to keep the heat down inside the garage.
Ken Buchinger
NCI Building Systems, Inc.
7/16/2007
Since it sounds like the roof is already installed, you will need to install insulation from below the roof surface. If your garage is a metal building, you can fasten metal strapping to the bottom of the purlins at 2' on center and install vinyl backed fiberglass insulation between the purlins. I would use an insulation with a foil radiant barrier backing. This system will not be as good as one installed during the roof installation because you are going to have a thermal break at each purlin. There are commercially installed systems that will insulate the purlins too. If you are interested in one of these,do an internet search for metal building insulation and look for retrofit applications.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.