minimum roof pitch and over hang

Guest User
6/28/2007
Im currently drafting a commercial building and want to know the minimum roof pitch and over hang?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/29/2007
Overhang doesn't make any difference. Most metal roof systems can be used down to 3:12 pitch, some to 2:12, and a few down to as low as 1/4:12.
Guest User
8/1/2007
Where can I find metal roofs that will be warranted on a residential home with a pitch of 1.5":12"?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
8/2/2007
This will have to be what is called a mechanically seamed standing seam. Many of the MRA member manufacturers of vertical seam roofing can help you with that.
Guest User
10/17/2008
i am doing a blueprint for my university class and i need some help with a few things. for one what is the minimum for a roof over hang on a 12 12 roof that is 30' long by 20' wide
Guest User
10/19/2008
We roof buildings with no overhang to three and four feet of overhang. It all has to do with what the people want. We do hear complaints from building owners with no overhang and no gutters about the water from the roof running down the outside walls and windows, but we don't build them, we just roof them.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.