vaulted ceiling insulation w/tin roof

Guest User
6/25/2007
We are restoring an old homestead and have the interior gutted down to the rafters. We are going to have vaulted ceilings and are thinking of using the insulfoam 4'X 8'X 2" sheets by attaching them directly to the rafters and then using longer screws attach drywall. We know that is is minimal for the winter but it is primarily a summer place. My question is should we use a moisture barrier between the rafters and the insulfoam and if so what material?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/26/2007
Yes, I would use a heavy polyethylene vapor barrier and tape the seams.
Guest User
6/26/2007
HI TODD, WE ARE INTERESTED IN A METAL ROOF FOR OUR BUNK HOUSE IN THE NORTH WOODS OF MINNESOTA. WE ARE LOOKING TO DO THE JOB OURSELVES AND NEED A SUGGESTION AND A SUPPLIER OF METAL ROOFING. WE WILL BE HAVING A VAULTED CEILING AS WELL. I DON'T KNOW THE PITCH RIGHT NOW BUT I DO NKNOW THAT WE NEED ENOUGH TO RID THE SNOW IN THE WINTER. I CAN GET THE INFO IF NEEDED
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/27/2007
Have you used the Find A Contractor portion of this website?
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.