Guest User
4/3/2007
Which side of the barrier faces down and into the attic?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
4/3/2007
The aluminum side needs to face an airspace. it actually doesn't make any difference which direction. Beware though that with conventional shingles a radiant barrier can "bake" the shingles.
Guest User
2/9/2009
Would radiant barrier be a waste of money if I am putting on a white metal roof? Again it needs to be facing towards the inside where air is?
Guest User
2/10/2009
Donna, We have used a lot of radiant barrier on shingle roofs. The people we have installed it for claim they see a energy cost reduction, but I am very skeptical. It is not anything we try to sell, the home owners usually have seen it advertised or a demo of it somewhere. We have never installed it under a metal roof. Personally, I want to lower my energy costs as much as possible. We are about to install a 24 gauge standing seam on my house--I will not be using a radiant barrier under my roof. The foil side goes down. [email protected]
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.