Galvalume Roof Turning Black in Areas

Guest User
1/6/2007
I have an "silver", non-painted, SEM-Lock Galvalume roof purchased from SEMCO and installed approximately 14 months ago. Since it was installed there have been two problems with the roof. First, protective plastic strips which cover the standing seams left a residue on the seams which has not washed off with the rain. Second, areas of the roof are turning "shiny" and then "dark". The dark areas are most noticeable and seem to appear after I clean my vinyl siding with "house wash" made for vinyl and safe on metal roofs. What can be causing these dark spots and how do I correct the problem? A photo of the tape residue is attached.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
1/13/2007
You need to go back to SEMCO and demand some response on this. It will be years before that tape residue wears away. I am sorry.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.