breaking up snow slides coming down from the roof

Guest User
I have a metal roof, and after larges snowstorms get an "avalanche" of snow once the storm is over and the roof warms up again. How can I break this up as it comes down? I have seen triangles on metal roofs. Is this their function? If so, what are they called and where can I get them?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
Yes, you need to look for Snowguards or Snowbars. Ideally, I would also suggest contacting the manufacturer of your roofing to see what they suggest.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.