Pam Brandon
8/24/2006
Does the installation of a vertical metal roof that is being installed to replace a conventional shingle roof require the use of any roof vents? If so, what is the purpose, how many and where on the surface would they be put? Thank you!
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
8/24/2006
I am a strong believer in attic ventilation, to help keep homes cooler in warm weather and to avoid any unhealthy moisture buildup. Ridge vents as exhaust and soffit vents as instake work very well.
Guest User
8/25/2006
Todd: Thanks for getting back to me. I guess the question is whether normal installation of the vertical metal roof requires the roof to be vented, rather than it being recommended, as you suggest. Your thoughts?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
8/26/2006
In normal construction, there is nothing about adding a metal roof which affects the need for ventilation. I am a believer in ventilation regardless of the roofing materials.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.