Guest User
8/22/2006
I am planning to replace my shingled roof with a metal roof but am concerned about what is the best color to use. Living in Maine the winters are very long and cold and the summers short. I wanted to use black because it would look best with my siding but am not sure that would be the best choice. Could you advise?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
8/22/2006
Assuming your home is of standard construction, there is little you can do with roof color that will affect winter efficiency. Using a light color roof will enhance summer energy efficiency. Additionally, though, some manufacturers produce products using reflective pigment so that efficiency can be achieved even with darker colors.
Guest User
6/20/2007
Is this the IR value that I see listed next to the paint colors for the Fabral roof that I'm looking at. Does a lower number mean lower reflective properties?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/20/2007
Yes, and yes.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.