Guest User
6/22/2006
We are building a new house on the Oregon Coast. We are interested in putting on a metal roof; however, contractors have urged us not to put on a steel roof (rust). I have looked into copper (too expensive) and would now like to compare aluminum to steel in both cost, ease of care and durability (especially rust and corrosion). What can you tell me about both?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/22/2006
Aluminum can be a very good choice for corrosive environments. Both aluminum and steel products are available with quality paint finishes but the aluminum cannot rust from scratches, cut edges, etc. I have a guide to metal roofing I'd love to send to you if you email direct to me at [email protected] Cost of a quality steel roof compared to a quality aluminum roof will be about the same.
Guest User
6/26/2006
Todd Could you please send me the guide to metal roofing?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
6/26/2006
Karen, you need to email to me at [email protected] and I will send a reply email with the article attached.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.