Guest User
5/15/2006
First, I would like to thank this forum for the education I have already received. It has been much more helpful than the manufacturer. My questions are as follows: I am installing a metal roof on top of an existing asphalt shingle roof. 1) Do I need to install the chimney flashing under the asphalt shingles or is the one already there sufficient for the asphalt allowing me to install the metal roof flashing on top of the asphalt? 2) Do I need to kill the moss growing on top of the asphalt shingles before metal roof installation? Thanks, Joe
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
5/15/2006
It depends a lot on how your chimney is flashed but usually you can leave the existing flashing in place and install the new flashing over it. Once you cover the old roof with underlayment and seal off moisture, the fungus should die.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.