Guest User
5/1/2006
I've just had installed a steel charcoal colored standing seam roof on an outbuilding near my house. At high noon the roof might as well be a mirror because it reflects the sun directly into my house. Is there any coating, etc. that can be applied to reduce or eliminate the glare?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
5/1/2006
I would not suggest applying anythingas it good damage the paint finish and it would void your paint warranty. Imagine leaving your car outside and not washing it for a year or so ... the gloss / glare do diminish with normal atmospheric dirt accumulation.
Guest User
8/4/2010
Putting up with glare until it get dirty enough could drive you nuts. What if it rains and washes the dirt off, back comes the glare. So, is there a product that will cut the glare or is it that all metal roofs are designed to glare?
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
8/5/2010
There is nothing you can apply. Many metal roofs have matte or low gloss paint finishes. There are also metal roofs with stone coatings that do not have gloss.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.