Galvamet hi-rib hip roof trim cut

Guest User
4/26/2006
the guy who sold me the roof showed me a cut to put on the facia trim after cutting it,it looks like the cut he showed me was for a gable roof.the facia on the bent side is on the same plain as the other side leaving the short side sticking up.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
4/26/2006
I am sorry ... I am not following what you are telling me. I would encourage you to go back to your supplier for further explanation or you can try emailing a picture to me at [email protected]
Guest User
4/26/2006
thanks for your quick response!
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
4/26/2006
Holy Cow! This is an insulated roof panel. A picture really is worth a thousand words or more in this case. First of all, it is imperative that you contact whoever manufactured these panels and get complete installation instructions from them. Do not do anything else without that. I am a bit surprised that a hip flashing has not been put in place yet. Next of all, you will want to get that plastic off the panels before they sit out in the sun much longer. Finally, for the trim piece you're applying at the bottom ... first, I am not even sure that is the right type of piece to be used at the eave of a roof like this. That really does look more like a gable trim. However, because of the way the front of this piece is angled, there will not be a way to fold it around a corner like you're attempting to do. The adjacent pieces will have to be mitered and sealed. All Best.
Guest User
4/26/2006
thanks alot thats what i though. when i questioned the guy about it in the begining he said to wait until he came over to show me a fancy cut. mahalo again
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
4/26/2006
Good luck. Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.