Where to nail wavy corrigated galvanized panels

Guest User
3/25/2006
This may seem basic but where do you nail the corrigated (wavy) metal roofing. In the vally or on the peaks. I am using nails with a rubber ring on them. The roof is 1:12 I think and it leaks. The friend of mine nailed the panels down in the vallys. Thanks
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
3/25/2006
Most manufacturers of those panels suggest fastening in the flat areas or on the peaks. Additionally, I do not believe that any manufacturers of that sort of panel suggest installing them on roofs of less than 2:12.
Guest User
3/25/2006
I am not sure I understand your answer. There are no flat places on this metal. It is a constant wave. Both the peaks and valleys are round. There is no flat spots. Patrick
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
3/26/2006
I'm sorry. My mistake. There are many, many different profiles available. Chances are the manufacturer will say that it should be fastened in the high spots but I would confirm that with the manufacturer.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.