Guttering on a metal roof w/foam back insulation

Guest User
1/23/2006
We are remodeling a home that has had a metal roof put over an existing shingle roof. The new roof has what looks to be 14" styrofoam insulation under it. Great R factor...but I can't find anyone who knows how to put on guttering because they say there is nothing to mount the guttering to except the metal roof which would just rip off in high winds or heavy rain. Do they make some type of bracket to mount under the eves which will carry the weight of the guttering and rain? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks.....Rick Woodward [email protected]
Allan Reid
Dura-Loc Roofing Systems, Inc.
1/24/2006
That seems like a lot of insulation but the roofing must be mounted through it somehow. We would need more info to advise. It may be a commercial metal roof on standing clips. If so the metal may be thick enough to help support. I would be looking to a commercial gutter off a pre engineered building system that typically has a leg that goes up under the roofing and with heavier steel, could be fastened to the existing metal. I would try this angle.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.