Guest User
9/5/2002
I have a roof with a pitch of 2.5:12 and would like to know if there are any metal roofing products that would be fairly easy for someone with good mechancial skills and half a brain, to install. I live in Anchorage Alaska, the roof has two surfaces the longest of which is 39 feet, no valleys. Appreciate any help you can be in this matter.
Allan Reid
Dura-Loc Roofing Systems, Inc.
9/5/2002
I'm not sure if you are referring to the length of the building of the length of the sheets however here goes. You are obviously in a climate where ice and snow build up are an issue. I am not sure if you have a vented attic space or not, however a 39 foot long sheet it is best to use a standing seam sheet for expansion and contraxction which is more complicated. If the sheets were around 24 feet long then you could use a through fastened vertical rib panel. Regardless I would recommend a good underlayment with strapping to stand the roof off to create an air space. Go to our members web sites and pick a profile you like and then contact them for recommendations.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.