Diamond shaped metal shingles

Guest User
12/12/2005
I have a home on the Texas Gulf Coast a few blocks from the sea. My 1927 home has its original asbestos shingle roof in a diamond pattern. It was damaged by Hurricane Rita and needs to be replaced. As the home retains most of its original features and is in a neighborhood on the National Registry of Historic Places, I would like to have a roof with the same look. Can you please tell me the wind ratings on the "Castletop" shingles by Atas (ACCEL) or similar materials? I'm getting desparate!
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
12/12/2005
ATAS is a member of the MRA and you will have to contact them dircet for uplift information. My company is the other MRA member company that makes a diamond product but frankly we have never had it tested for uplift resistance -- well, not by a third party. I know that it is a pretty wind resistant product but we have never gone through formal third party testing of it. Under current test protocol, testing a diamond shaped shingle would be a challenge actually.
Guest User
4/19/2006
Todd, I am looking to identify the shingle on this month's Sunset Magazine ad. It is sort of diamond shaped. Is that yours?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
4/20/2006
I have not seen the ad but if it is diamond-shaped, then I suspect it is the ATAS International Castle Top product.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.