Guest User
11/17/2005
My just completed standing seam metal roof is rusting at the ends of the panels. What needs to be done? John Kavaliauskas
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
11/18/2005
John, It sounds to me like perhaps the panels were not cut correctly. Panels should be field cut using a shearing action such as snips or a guillotine. It sounds like these may have been cut using a saw. Can you confirm how they were cut please?
John Kavaliauskas
11/18/2005
Todd The panels were cut with a shears . The rust is speckled ... dots of rust within about a foot of the end of the panels. John Kavaliauskas
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
11/18/2005
That is not common when cutting is done with shears. It sounds to me like something at some point (perhaps even trim pieces, not even the panel ends) was cut with a saw in the proximity of the panels and hot shards of steel, created by the sawing, landed on the roof panels, melted their way into the paint, and are now rusting. If this seems to be what happened, try using Soft Scrub non-abbrasive cleaner on the affected areas and clean off the rust. Make sure first that Soft Scrub does not damage the finish.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.