Guest User
10/20/2005
If I surround two sides of my house with a steel shade structure to cover the large patio and deal with the hot Tucson sun, but leave the underside of the steel painted green and exposed, so as to see it through the support 2X4's, am I asking for incredible noise problems during our monsoon season? I ask regarding both when under the covered patio, and when inside the house even with the windows closed. In other words, is it necessary to use plywood or something else under the metal to handle the noise. I would prefer to leave the metal exposed which should give an interesting look, but may give unbearable noise problems for the average person.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
10/20/2005
It would be fairly loud to be under it in the rain. It should not be bad form inside the house though.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.