standing seam metal roof saltwater warranty

Guest User
9/15/2005
I have received a variety of estimates to put a metal roof on our oceanfront home. The problem is they say I need to upgrade from a 16" .032 Alumaclad Aluminum to a .032 Peterson aluminum for a saltwater warranty on the roof panels. This adds an extra $7000 to the roof. Is this necessary? Doesn't the roof have a warranty no matter where I live?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
9/16/2005
In my experience, most aluminum roofs do not carry limitations on warranty coverage in salt environments. However, the only way to know for sure is to check with the manufacturers and obtain copies of the warranties for your inspection.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
9/16/2005
Keep in mind, too, that metal roofing installations generally come with two warranties. One warranty, issued by the manufacturer, covers the material itself. The other warranty comes from the installing contractor and covers workmanship and watertightness.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.