New 5V Crimp on This Old House c.1856

Guest User
7/18/2005
We will be installing a new metal roof on our old house and our first choice is Standing Seam (also the first choice of the local Historic Commission). However the main roof has a bow that we believe will be enough to prevent a good lock over time and that a 5V crimp is our best alternative. We want the look of standing seam in a 26 guage metal. What is your opinion/ recommendation in this case? Thanks !!
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
7/18/2005
Bows in the roof could force some waviness into the panels but waviness is not inherently bad. In fact, it can look very historical. I am not sure there is a "right" answer to your question. I think the best thing I can do is suggest that you understand the differences between the products you're considering and then make your own decision. If you email to me at [email protected], I have some good articles on metal roofing which I'd be happy to send to you.
Guest User
12/27/2007
Hi - I have my grandfather's standing seam roof crimpers - several sets. Do you have any suggestions as to how I would value these? They are in perfect condition. Thanks. George
Todd Miller
Classic Products, Inc.
12/29/2007
You may want to contact an organization called SMACNA which is a sheet metal contractors group.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.