Guest User
5/26/2005
Hello, We ahve recently had an all metal garage built and the contractor seems to have left the ridge vent 'open' such that debris blown in. Is there a 'fix for this problem. I am a novice when it comes to this. Any help will be appreciated.
Allan Reid
Dura-Loc Roofing Systems, Inc.
5/26/2005
Quite possibly he has installed an agricultural vent that is not designed for residential. Short of changing them, there is a fiberglass baffle used in some of the rsedential ones that is loose woven and weather resistant. I would scout around and you may find a supplier and it could then be retrofitted in from the bottom.
Guest User
5/26/2005
Thanks---The garage was zoned for agricultural and that answersthe question. Do you suppose Home Depot or Lowes might have what we need?
Allan Reid
Dura-Loc Roofing Systems, Inc.
5/30/2005
I doubt it. I may take a bit of research. Try going to one of the metal magazines who have lists of advertisers such as Modern Trade, Krause or Metal Mag.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.