Guest User
1/27/2005
Hi! I am wondering if you are familiar with any metal roofing products that incorporate a solar energy collection element. If so, any thoughts? We are considering replacing a cement tile roof in Florida and would like to use the sun's energy if it is at all practical/possible yet like the features of metal roofs. Thanks!
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
1/29/2005
I know that at least two of our member manufacturers, ATAS International and Englert, Inc., have done work in this area. Others perhaps have as well. At the very least, any manufacturer will provide assistance in determining how to apply solar panels to your roof.
Guest User
4/22/2005
A company called Uni-solar makes extremely thin solar panels to apply to metal roofing, must be 16" wodth to panels. I'm thinking about this for myself and found this on the web... Good luck.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
4/23/2005
You are correct and Uni-Solar is the company that the metal roofing manufacturers I mentioned have worked with I believe.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.