Guest User
1/20/2005
looking for ideas on flashing a 2x4 skylight that is turned sideways. i am replacing a shinlge roof with Gerard shake and will be installing battens and counterbattens. I will be replaceing 3 skylight, two i can get the high profile flashing kits from velux. what is the best way to flash a sideway one? custom flashings made out of lead? build a curb and treat it as a roof to wall flashing area? adapt a 4x4 skylight kit to fit the 2x4? have velux custom make a flash kit? what did roofers do before custom flash kits were made? thanks. I sign the contract today and will not do the job fo a month. john zolko
Guest User
1/20/2005
John, Generally, I would curb it and treat it like a wall. However, Gerard is a member of the Metal Roofing Alliance. I feel reasonably certain that, if you go to them, they will provide details on this. Also, are you sure that the skylight manufacturer is okay with it being installed horizontally?
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.