A606 Weathering steel or corten steel

Guest User
11/9/2004
What types of metal flashing are appropriate to be used with a roof of A606 weathering steel? Is galvanic action an issue if copper flashing is used in conjuction with an A606 roof?
Guest User
11/9/2004
I only know of one manufacturer of A606 Corten (US Steel) and they do not approave of that material's use as a roofing product. I believe, however, that copper and Corten could be a bad combination. If you do have someone located as a supplier for the Corten, I would suggest running this question by them. I am sorry I cannot help much.
Guest User
4/19/2007
Todd, We are looking for a supplier for A606. Can you tell me yours. We need 4,000 sf of 12-14 gauge. You may email me at [email protected] Richard
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
4/19/2007
I do not have a supplier for this product. The manufacturer is US Steel and that would be the place to start but keep in mind they do not recommend this product for roofing.
Guest User
6/24/2007
How about for fencing?
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
6/24/2007
I believe that US Steel is okay with that application.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.