Guest User
10/13/2004
I had a metal roof put on this summer and it looks absolutely great. However, when I tried to walk on it to clean my chimney I kept sliding down!!!! Any suggestions on how I can walk on the roof to clean my chimney. The roof is not that steep but the chimney is right in the middle of the roof. The house is a salt box shaped home with a long sloping front roof and the back roof is not as steep but much higher and more difficult to get to. Any suggestions???? Thanks much.. Jim Kline
Guest User
10/13/2004
You can brace a ladder on the roof, or hang one from the ridge perhaps. There are also foam soled shoes and overshoes available which are designed for gripping on metal roofing. Try a Google search for "shoes for metal roofing" or search for names like Korkers and Cougar Paws.
Guest User
10/15/2004
Get the cheapest soft soled pair of sneakers that you can find. They are lightweight and really grip metal roofing.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.