Does a metal roof attract lighting?

Guest User
9/23/2004
Guest User
9/23/2004
Metal conducts electricity. It does not "draw" it. If you email me direct with your email address, I will send you a Technical Bulletin or two on Metal Roofing and Lightning. However, studies have shown it does not pose any increased risk of a lightning strike. Todd Miller [email protected]
Guest User
9/27/2004
Hi Todd. I appreciate your quick and helpful response. Yes, I would very much like to receive a copy of that report on lighting and metal roofing. Please email me at [email protected] Thank You! Deb
Guest User
9/28/2004
Could you email me that report also? I'd greatly appreciate it now that I need to replace my roof post-hurricane Jeanne. BTW, is there any reason a metal roof should not be installed on a frame structure? Thanks in advance for your reply! :-)
Guest User
9/28/2004
Pauline, when I am back in my office, I will email to you my company's tech bulletin on lightning. Also, you can check out the MCA tech bulletin at: http://www.metalconstruction.org/pubs/pdf/1040%20Lightning%20Metal%20Roofing.pdf As for your question about installation over a frame structure ... I do not think I understand your question. Can you clarify a bit please?
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.