Guest User
9/9/2004
Is there any lead in metal roofs?
Guest User
9/9/2004
This is certainly not the case with most metal roofs today. However, some older roofs could have lead in them and sometimes lead flashings have been used. Additionally, some metals are available with lead coatings for historic applications.
Guest User
12/4/2005
can you solder a patch on a metal roof
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
12/5/2005
It depends upon the type of metal roof. Most products, though, the manufacturer will suggest some other options.
Guest User
12/5/2005
all I know it is the old type that you crimp together. can you uncrimp the seam and put a new piece of tin. what I have is a couple of holes that has into the tin.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
12/5/2005
Yes, you can probably uncrimp the panels to replace one.
Guest User
12/6/2005
would it be easy to patch the holes or change the tin.if patch the holes what is the best way to do that.
Todd Miller
Isaiah Industries, Inc.
12/6/2005
This is pretty far outsid emy expertise unfortunately but I am guessing that the holes include rust onb the backside of the metal and will probably continue to spread even with patching attempts. However, if you do a Google search for "metal roof restoration" you will find many products that are coatings and membranes that will work for various types of repairs.
Find a Contractor

Get Started Today

Take the first step to increasing the value of your home with a great looking, durable, fire resistant and energy efficient metal roof. Browse our list of qualified MRA Member Roofing Contractors in your area for a free consultation and estimate.